Even though seeing a bat may be exciting, you never want to discover one in your house or place of business. Flying bats are something that not even the most devoted Batman fan wants on their property!
Bats frequently live in buildings and in the walls of people’s homes, and there’s a good chance they’re there even if you have never seen or heard them. Although they can help the environment and even eat other pests, bats shouldn’t be allowed inside. They can cause damage to your property and wreak havoc on your health.
In order to effectively remove bats from your property before a small infestation grows into a major issue, you need pest control that specializes in bat removal. Professional bat removal is required because experts are familiar with bat behavior and have years of experience.
Let’s look more closely at how to remove bats and why doing so is beneficial for you.
Why Should You Consider Bat Removal?
Bats aren’t all bad; in fact, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service estimates that bats eat 1,200 insects the size of mosquitoes every hour. Plus, some types of bats disperse seeds, pollinate plants, and eat populations of insects like beetles and other pests that ruin crops.
However, even though bats play a crucial role in the ecosystem, they shouldn’t venture into people’s homes or businesses. Bats can cause a wide range of issues for humans, including:
- Spreading rabies and other illnesses: In the United States, bats are the main cause of rabies deaths among humans. Bats can transmit rabies to humans through any form of contact, such as scratches or bites.
- Allergies: Even without physical contact, people can have allergic reactions to bats. It may trigger asthma attacks and congestion in some individuals.
- Structural damage: Due to their corrosive waste, bats can seriously damage any building. Bat excretions frequently lead to guano deposits, which can corrode, cause wood to decay, and stain the structure of your home.
- Histoplasmosis risk: The fungus that causes histoplasmosis thrives in soil, especially in areas with a lot of bird or bat droppings. There are numerous symptoms, such as headache, fever, chills, and cough. As bats are frequently found in walls and attics, it can be challenging to avoid breathing in the fungus.
- Odor: A bat infestation can produce a foul odor due to the buildup of bat droppings, making it very difficult to live in your home.
If you’re looking to remove a bat, you should hire a qualified pest control specialist as you cannot solve the issue on your own. A special license or approval may be needed to remove a bat because many states have laws protecting specific bat species.
The Bat Removal Process
More than 40 different species of bats can be found in the country, and almost all of them are protected by law. There will be times when you want to drive them away, but you need to make sure you are approaching the situation properly. Hiring a pest control company for bat removal is the most secure and efficient method of getting rid of bats.
At Wingman Pest Control, we follow an effective three-step approach for bat removal.
Step 1: Inspection
First, we will examine the inside and outside of the house to look for any droppings, entry points, and potential gateways they might use in the future to enter your property.
Step 2: Identify the Entry Points
Even if there are a lot of bats in your house, they will all use a few specific entry points. To remove the bats, we will thoroughly inspect the exterior of the house for gaps and holes, paying close attention to the roof’s ridgelines. We will locate their point of entry and put in one-way doors to keep the bats from returning. The tools will stay in place for a few days – or longer if the weather is bad and the bats stay indoors.
Step 3: Seal Up the Hole
After the bats have been removed, we will eliminate all signs of them and seal off all entry points. For the purpose of avoiding further bat infestations, we use high-quality, long-lasting sealing materials.
Wingman Pest Control is Your Go-to Solution for Bat Removal!
We believe you deserve to feel safe and secure in your home. If you feel you have a bat problem, hiring an expert can safely remove bats from your property and ensure they don’t return, giving you total peace of mind.
If there are bats in your walls or flying through your house, Wingman Pest Control is the answer. Throughout our entire service area, we have helped countless homeowners just like YOU.
Are you ready to regain control of your property? Contact us today!