Are Squirrels Driving You Nuts? We’ll Take Care of It!
Squirrels look cute and cuddly from a distance. But that all changes when they’re scurrying through the attic or nesting inside the walls!
Don’t let squirrels set up shop in your chimney or call your attic home. Trust pest control to remove squirrels from your property once and for all.
Signs of a Squirrel Infestation
How do you know it’s time to call in pest control for squirrel removal? Here are some common signs that you have a squirrel infestation.
Diagnosing based on noise alone is an easy way to start. That strange scurrying and scampering could be a squirrel.
Visible damage to your home can be a sign these pesky critters are entering your home. Squirrels will exploit wood or vents and their gaps can be the size of a baseball. Also look for:
- Chewed electrical wires
- Teeth marks in wires, wood, and walls
- Holes in your shingles
- Chew marks on the outer panels of your home
Squirrel droppings in your attic or garage are a sure sign they’ve made themselves welcome in your home. However, squirrel droppings look like those of other unwanted critters.
A foul smell is also a common sign of a squirrel problem. A squirrel nest will smell musty and urine damage can leave a lingering scent. However, many homeowners realize they have a problem when a squirrel becomes trapped inside and eventually dies. Dead animals, including dead squirrels, give off a foul smell as they decay.
Common Places Squirrels Hide
Knowing where squirrels like to be in your home can help you look for the signs of damage. Here are a handful of common places you can find squirrels and their nests indoors:
- Attics and crawl spaces are often warm and dry spaces for squirrels to build a nest. More often than not, squirrel nest removal occurs in the attic. Squirrels in your attic can be noisy and cause problems like electrical and water damage.
- Chimneys are another popular hiding place for squirrels and can be easily accessible if you don’t use a chimney cap.
- Wall cavities are a common place for squirrels to become trapped. You may hear them scratching at the wall or nibbling on the structure.
- Garages are another space that’s safe from the elements and easy to access. You’ll likely see a squirrel in your garage in this case.
Squirrel Removal in Michigan: Our Three-Part Process
If the squirrels inside your home or business are making you go stir-crazy, we’ll step in and remove them with our three-step treatment approach. No matter if you need squirrel removal from the attic or to get rid of a squirrel nest in the chimney, we can help.
The first step involves a thorough inspection to determine how the squirrels are getting inside. We also look for potential entry points and squirrel damage that could become problematic. Our experienced team knows how to find out where squirrels are getting in so they can stop the problem at the source.
During the second step, we mount our patented trapping system directly over the squirrels’ entry points. This forces the squirrels to pass through the traps and captures them as they come and go.
We mount our traps directly over the squirrels’ entry points to capture the animals causing damage. This is one of the most efficient ways to remove squirrels from the attic and other areas.
The third and final step is to seal up all active and potential entry points to prevent future infestations.
Ensure your home and business is safe year-round from all pests and wildlife alike with help from Wingman Pest Control.